Plain Text Version
If you need someone with web development expertise that can wear a bunch of hats and help a team deliver cool shit, I’m a good pick.
Sinclair Digital (2016 - Current)
Titles: Software Development Manager, Senior Software Engineer, Lead UX Developer, Senior UX Developer
- Managed small and large teams (4-12 people)
- Led integration efforts to coordinate the work of multiple teams
- Led hiring efforts of developers and testers
- Mentored developers as peer and as manager
- Led technical planing and estimation for several initiatives
- Led effort to improve test coverage
- Gave lessons on beginner and intermediate functional programming
- Organized the Developer Guild
- Rewrote big parts of a backbone application in React, improving test coverage and the UX along the way.
- Designed, led, and built CMS for Tennis Channel and STIRR OTT apps.
- Worked on Facebook Live integration
- Led development of CMS for circa.com news app
Title: Web Development Engineer II
- Built UI to support pallet deliveries on Amazon.com account pages.
- Revitalize old order management pages to match current Amazon styles.
- Added support for Amazon Business (B2B) orders to Amazon account pages.
- Added alternate views to order pages to support large orders.
- Created command line tools to reduce developer errors.
- Created augmentations to code review software to improve adherence to guidelines and best practices.
Amazon Kindle (2013 - 2014)
Titles: Web Development Engineer, Web Development Engineer II
- Implemented 2014 Kindle Fire theme for Fire Bookstore.
- Web Developer for Fire Phone Bookstore.
- Implemented screen reader support for Fire and Fire Phone bookstore.
- Speaker at Amazon WebDevCon 2014.
- Developed cross-org UI framework to reduce effort of annual redesigns and improve compliance to style guidelines.
- Led effort to converge platform code across multiple bookstore teams.
- Profiled memory problems and provided development options on Kindle PaperWhite.
- Added support for new pixel densities to 2014 Kindle PaperWhite.
- Led UI development of 2013 Kindle Fire theme on bookstore.
Titles: UX Designer, Programmer
- Lead UX Designer for many internal and customer-facing projects.
- Lead developer for m.build.com
- Designed and built critical high performance frameworks for Build.com’s touch optimized store fronts.
- Created UI frameworks and documentation to standardize client-side usage and ease development for both marketing and software development.
- Spearheaded efforts to improve client-side performance.
- Designed and built tools for vendor and order management.
- Championed and administered regular usability testing.
Auctiva Corporation (2006 - 2010)
Titles: Web Developer, Jr. Software Engineer, Website Designer
- Championed and tutored on the use of CSS and web standards.
- Developed UI frameworks to facilitate site redesign.
- Pioneered adoption of jQuery, A/B Testing, and XSL.
- Designed and Implemented XML driven CMS using jQuery and XSL.
- Developed tools for API developers.
- Developed widgets for platform APIs.
- Developed gamification applications in Flash.
- Worked on the UI of 9 different sites
Contract work prototyping educational tools for the Smithsonian https://learninglab.si.edu. Acted as UX Designer but also did significant development using Backbone, stylus, and PHP. Also created visualization for education Common Core Standards.
Part of a startup front-end development consultancy focused on developing markup and CSS frameworks. Worked on a google maps widget for real estate agency CMS.
Simple collaborative todo list app I authored with a coworker
Deadmen Entertainment (2005)
Web Design and Development
California State University Chico (2001-2006)
Courses taken in pursuit of BS in Applied Computer Graphics (Communication Design / Computer Science)
- Functional Programming
- React, Redux, etc
- Object Oriented Programming - I can use prototypes to prototype some prototypes
- Angular, Backbone, jQuery, Ramda, Lodash, Folktale, RxJS
- CSS modules, Emotion, typestyle, glamorous, Stylus, SASS, Less, PostCSS
- OOCSS, SMACS, BEM, SUIT
- Bootstrap and other CSS frameworks
- I’ve written CSS frameworks from scratch for several companies, including Amazon
Some more keywords you may be looking for
- Software Architecture
- Screen readers and mobile and desktop.
- Canvas, SVG
- Git, SVN
- Node JS
- Jest, QUnit, Tape, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Phantom
- Handlebars, Jade, ASP, Dust
- ESNext, ES6, ES2015, etc
- Agile, Kanban, Scrum, Cowboy, Ship It
- Paper prototyping, wireframing
- Rapid prototyping
- Usability Studies